Predator Products for the
Go Karting Industry
Brake service and adjustments
- Always use Dot 4 or equivalent fluids
- Flush system every 6 months to ensure clean and moisture free fluid is in the system.
- The minimum safety limit for brake pads is 2mm per pad
- Lube actuator rod points and ensure 1mm free travel
- Steel Braided hydraulic lines should be set by a torque spanner at 7ft-lb
- Inspect hydraulic system for leaks and replace damaged parts as necessary.
- Inspect the Ventilated disc rotor, if damaged replace immediately
- To increase brake pad life centre disc rotor between the pads
- Calliper mount bolts should be set by a torque spanner 25 ft-lb
- Regularly pressure bleed the system when cold for best results
- All motors are supplied with the factory warranty for 3 months from delivery.
- Governors are to be correctly fitted and operational at all times otherwise warranty is void.
- Adjust accelerator cable to allow 5mm free travel.
- Always replace frayed or damaged cables.
- Ensure cable is fitted correctly into pivot point on front tray
Steering adjustment and service.
- All karts are fitted with adjustable chamber castor pins to give ultimate life of tyres and chassis.
- Adjust the front Camber in to – 0.5degrees over all.
- Adjust the front Toe, 0mm or straight
- Set castor to full rear adjustment this will lighten steering
- Lube rod end joints with high grade chain lube.
- Lock the adjustment nuts on the rod ends with a torque spanner to10ft-lb
- It is important to align rod ends evenly to prevent binding
- Check lower shaft spherical bearing for free play, replace if necessary
- Ensure cir-clip is positioned correctly in lower shaft housing
- Check for excessive King pin bearing movement. 1mm is acceptable movement
- King pin centre bolt should be set by a torque spanner at 35ft-lb
- Recommended tyre sizes are , Duro SL65 specification
- Front 10 x 450 -5 , Rear 11 x 710 -5
- For best performance and tyre life we recommended that you inflate the tyres to 15-20 PSI (refer to tyre manufactures recommendations)
- All tyres are made directional and are to run in the right rotation
Wheel nut torque
- Recommended at Front single centre 30ft-lb
- Rear 3 stud self locking w-studs 27ft-lb
- All fasteners are Grade 8 hi tensile Cad plated socket head
- 1.25 pitch x 6mm-8mm-10mm-12mm
- Where required always use self locking nylock nuts and Cad plated flat washers
- Torque spec to size of diameter range 15ft-lb too 30ft-lb
Chassis service points
- Use sealed factory triple lip lubricated bearings
- King pin mount tubes alignment
- Rear bearing carrier alignment, mounting bolt torque 20ft-lb
- Rear hub spacement 90mm from chassis mounting plate bearing
- Crack test visually on all seams and welds
- Bends to be at correct angles
- Underside scraping marks
- Pick up points for all accessories
- Head rest bar mounts and clear signs of damage
- Side & rear bar and mounts for bends or damage
- If you observe any damage or misalignment then replace the part or send chassis back to supplier for realignment and repair
- Timing belt 1080 x 809 RPP8 Torque 7lb gauge or half twist
- Gear / front 30 tooth with taper locking system
- Grub screw torque 5 ft-lb
- Rear gear 70 tooth plastic
- Mounting bolt torque with steel spacer 15ft-lb
- Arch type tensioner
- A 3 point web clamp seat belt or 4 four point safety harness is acceptable
- Adjust lap belt first to a comfortable firm position then adjust top belts over the shoulders ensuring to keep buckle below the abdomen
- Tilt adjusters to correct
Recommended maximum operating speeds
- Formula 45kph
- Predator 60kph
- Dominator 70kph